Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lazy Day

Things are going well. Tate is checking out well on his daily monitoring. He still likes to hide a bit and has been known to fall asleep while they want to check him, but everything is looking perfect. A is getting gold stars for her compliance, cheerful demeanor, and colorful room. She makes the nurses laugh.

A lot of my rushing around is done for now. Starting today, the marathon portion of this race started for me. It made for a weird day. For the first time in a week and a half, things were slow. I've spent most of the day here at the hospital. The phones were quiet. Other than a short visit from A's parent's, it has been just the two of us today. I ran out once to grab some breakfast and then later in the day to grab a shower and some dinner for A. I need to fight the urge that I have to always be on the move and enjoy today for what it was. A lazy Saturday.

Today's things to be thankful for:
1. Naps. Probably caused by equal parts of a busy week plus me trying to read a book about the bond markets, but I dozed off several times today.
2. A clean house. After my parent's earlier in the week, and A's parents this weekend, the house is cleaner than it has been in ages.
3. The 3M corporation. Without their post-it notes, this would be a different room.

1 comment: