Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hard Days

Today’s been one of the hard days. One of the days where it feels like there is no end in sight. I never mind meandering paths to get to places, but I hate feeling like there is no direction at all. Today is one of the days that under normal circumstances, I’d either sit around and watch tv or maybe take off on a Half Price Books trek and listen to a lot of moody music. Instead, I can’t be that selfish, impulsive Kevin.
I know the direction and the goal. A healthy wife and a healthy baby boy. I know my role right now is to keep things together and moving forward. I have the easy job.
Today's three things:
1. Music. Get Lonely by The Mountain Goats happens to be the album in particular today.
2. A laugh
3. A sunny day. Yeah, yeah, I know it's been this way for a long time, but the sun feels especially good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment